Monday, November 15, 2010

Hands to Work, Heart to God

I am at long last beginning to create things for my new etsy shop soon to open. I will provide a link as soon as it is up and running.
In the meantime, I have put together my fist encaustic collage. Encaustic has an added element to beeswax and it prevents bloom. It contains damar resin crystals and it comes all put together for those of us who don't wish to rely on ourselves to do it correctly. I am pleased with the way it tuned out...I used a couple of different techniques and learned a lot in "doing".

I love the Shaker devotion to God and their works. Their work was done for the Greater Glory of God,
and the divine inspration seen in their creations
reflects that concept.

Thankfully encaustic collage is most forgiving, one simply remelts the wax to be able to adjust for any replacement of elements!

No comments:

Post a Comment